Bear Butte Spring Fog

Bear Butte Spring Fog
Sunrise over foggy Bear Butte

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Weekend

Saturday we left for Pierre to enjoy Easter weekend with our daughter.  We also had some free time during the day so I took the opportunity to shoot a few photos.  These are just a few of what I took.  Saturday evening a spring storm was brewing and as we drove from my brothers place north of Pierre to pick up the kids, I snapped this through the windshield.  





Here is another shot of the same storm as
it rolled in over Lake Oahe just north of
Pierre.  Other than a few sprinkles, luckily
nothing more came of it.  This photo was
taken as the sun set over the water and
the storm clouds were at their peak.


Saturday afternoon was pleasant and a walk around the state Capitol grounds was enjoyable.
While there was not a lot of color yet, the grass is starting to green. 


I have posted more photos at flickr.com from my day in Pierre.  Click here to go to those.

No comments:

Post a Comment