Bear Butte Spring Fog

Bear Butte Spring Fog
Sunrise over foggy Bear Butte

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Sunrise and stars

Two different times of day (or night) is my subject today.  Last week I spent several days camping in Custer State Park with my husband.  One of my wishes was to attempt shooting star trails with a lake background.  So Friday night my sweet husband accompanied me to Sylvan Lake and patiently waited for an hour and a half (well past his usual bedtime) while I played with several different attempts.  It was the perfect night, the sky was clear as a bell and the stars were bright!  I couldn't think of a more fun way to spend some time "under the stars" than snuggled with my husband waiting for the time to pass.


Sylvan Lake rocks "painted" with flashlight
I couldn't pass up a chance to share a gorgeous sunrise this morning  over Bear Butte.  This was taken from a ridge line between Whitewood and Spearfish. 


Sunrise over Bear Butte this morning

No comments:

Post a Comment